Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Chapter Three: 下个学期打算出去中国。

...
I have become that inconsistent blog author.
You always think that you are going to be different...
How disappointing.

So it is the end of my fourth semester here at BYU-Idaho. It's been great, but I can honestly say I would be totally okay if I never came back. Unfortunately, I am probably going to be here another semester. Anyway, it's finals week and I am blogging instead of doing my homework. This doesn't sound like me? Read chapter two for the full diagnosis.

But I'm not sacrificing my grades to blog about sacrificing my grades...
I have some monumental news!

Let's get down to business (To defeat the Huns).
Speaking of Huns, Jessica Davis--that's me--has been offered a teaching gig in Linyi, Shandong China.
I'll be teaching English at Linyi Normal University for the Fall 2010 semester.
I leave August 16th, and return sometime in December.
I'll be hitting up Hong Kong and Beijing before I head over to Shandong.
Pretty exciting, eh?

So that's basically the true reason I started these blogging shenanigans. That way, I can keep everyone updated on my trip and so my mom knows I haven't been kidnapped and/or sold into the prostitution black market.
I wonder if they would still let me blog?

Anyway, I figured that someone out there might be interested in seeing my school, the program I am going with, or even where Linyi is located. So here are some links that will satisfy the desires of your heart. Click life away.

http://www.lytu.edu.cn/xyfj/